Good afternoon. ☕️☀️
*Please forgive the grammatical errors, Jessica.
Oh good gravy. π«€ Nothing is safe anymore. It is true that leafy greens are not safe right now. Not bagged salad or fresh leaf? Gads. I made a salad two days ago, scrubbed the lettuce but no, still got nauseated. Pepto to the rescue.
Everyone is saying to give old guy some slack. I get it. Who wants to be the bison tossed guy meme. Although I gotta say, dude took being flipped like a pro. He got air.
Well...
These eaglets refuse to leave home. They're the GenZ of birds. Zoomer-eagles. Don't want hunt their own fish. Don't want to scout their own territory. Don't want to be too far from mom & dad. We'll, actually, dad. He's the one still bringing fish to the nest.
Eagle mom Jackie has been reportedly absent for a while and truthfully I think she's scouting new places to nest as I predicted might happen once construction for the "lavish resort" began under their nest. Eagle moms don't suffer humans when raising babies. These babies however, Sandy & Luna, need to fledge for good and have lives of their own. Even this morning one eaglet in the nest, the other roosting nearby waiting for sunrise so dad can bring them fish. Eagles can't see in the dark. But rest assured once daylight breaks dutiful papa Shadow will bring fish to the nest.
As much as I didn't want to see them go, it's time for these eaglets to be eagles. Even in the dark you can see their white feathers growing in. If Jackie is indeed looking for a new place to nest, as backup, I started watching another live stream of brown bears at a river in Alaska. I need wildlife in my life. I firmly believe God is tearing down real estate with fires, floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes. Humans were meant to live like dear but someone somewhere decided politicians and paying taxes were more fun.
Yes!
UPDATE ON JACKIE. It is being reported:
Oh Jackie, girl, dearest, I hope you gave those other eagles Hell. Thank you to everyone caring for her.
"Why do you care so much about those bald eagles?"
Because they represent America better than our politicians.
(Now I need to knit a few rows and calm down.)
AND ANOTHER THING
HOW does this woman keep popping up on my Twitter timeline - so here we go.
FIRST OF ALL...
This has got to be rage-bate. She said she's dropped off HUNDREDS of Plan B to her friend. One friend? More than one friend? You've dropped off hundreds? (Hundreds?!) Do you not have condoms at your clinic or any other kind of birth control? Are your friends 24/7 hookers? You just roll around to your friend(s) homes every Saturday morning in your Plan B-mobile throwing pill kits out your window like some paperboy. And what "horrific impact" does abstinence-only teens suffer? Zero venereal diseases. Zero pregnancies. Self respect. My goodness how terrible. π it seems like you want teenagers to have unprotected sex which is, you know, super weird, lady.
Abstinence until marriage is the best thing. You have your entire lives learning how to be sexually compatible. One of the problems with promiscuity is when younger generations hook up with older generations who have VD. I firmly believe if those born in the last ten years stayed within their own dating/marriage age range when they get older they could wipe out a good amount sexually transmitted diseases. But no, some pervert somewhere will stray outside their age at some point and unknowingly bring VD back to the young clean generation. It takes only one. And this Plan B-woman is a cartoon comic book villain. She's in that same nutty group that screams, "My abortion was fantastic!" Where did nature go wrong with people like this? When people treat promiscuity as harmless, find them 20 to 30 years later full of regret. The male loneliness epidemic is real. In part because men were never taught to love anything - not women, not children, not pets, nothing. Women rather have cats than men who cannot open their hearts, comminucate, and love, especially after 50. All these macho men are afraid to get the emotional crap kicked out of them, meanwhile women suffer and survive emotional pain throughout their lives. So which gender here are the real toughie B.A.'s, right. π By the time a man is 50 years old, his 20 year old self is long gone. He needs to adjust his emotional and mental behavior towards women the same way 50 year old women entering menopause need to adjust theirs. You're both entering the gates of old age. Accept it. Welcome!
I'm always on the side of wildlife. Humans. π "I'll use my credit card." #IFYKYK
"I'll use my credit card" is Southpark in case you didn't get it. Asian men imitating white guys, remember that episode?
Me imitating white women anytime they want a racial throwdown:
(Just flash that racist white chick a photo of Momo. That's you, baby!)
MOMO!!
What a terrifying photo. I usually blow photos up but not this one. Yikes. Just put your thumb over it and move on.
"WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT?!"
Because it's my blog.
Racist women are Momos. Karens are Momo's too. The bitter old hags in my knitting group are also Momos. MOMOS!!
I don't need to repeat myself from my old blog PST but you know women don't really like other women. I keep my mouth shut for the most part but when women of other races get racist towards Asians, y'all look like MOMO!
What was I talking about? Oh right, bison.
If you have nosy neighbors just tape up pictures of Momo in the windows. π
AND
I really want to talk about this too.
So, this guy is sitting with a girl out in public. Regardless of what he said or did outside of her presence, she threw her full drink in his face, he got up and calmly walked out of the restaurant or wherever they were, he calmly walked out to the parking lot to his car to leave AND SHE followed him out to the parking lot, pinned him against his car and punched him in the face AND HE punched her back in the face. Awesome. π I don't condone violence but I 100% believe in self defense. This dude was defending himself from an abuser and I'm here for it. Women abuse men too, I mean hello, 39 seasons of SNAPPED! She followed him to his car as he was walking away from her. Then she pinned him up against his car and swung wild at his face. Bros, equal rights and lefts. EQUAL RIGHTS AND LEFTS. If she punches him I 100% support punching her back if that's what it takes to get her away from you. Trust me, if he followed her to the car, pinned her against the car and punched her in the face, she'd drop kick a testicle. Social media would applaud her and so would I.
Girls, let him leave! LET HIM LEAVE! Let him walk away. Let him go. Do not follow him!
I'm beyond tired of this "I have a vagine so I'm automatically right" nonsense. No sweetie, you're delusional and you're a Momo! Do you need to see the picture again? MOMO!
If I ever swung at one of my brothers and they swung back ain't no one gonna be surprised. This is the same thing. Stop gentle parenting your daughters. You're raising them to be monsters and then guys start looking towards misogynistic men to follow.
MOVING ON
Can you believe it?! And I'm over here calling the airline to make sure I can bring my knitting needles on the plane. Wow.
I'm currently knitting a patch blanket for donation and watching JAWS.
A few of my girlfriends and I are still looking for work. We're all over 50 and talk about how the struggle is real. Three of us applied at Target and none of us heard back from them. My older brother who is 62 and hasn't had a clock-in type job since he was 17 years old, got a job at Target doing inventory, easy peazy. Go figure.
Women
Too old
Too much experience
Not taken seriously
Want "too much money"
What do companies want from us?
Full retirement isn't until 69. What are we supposed to do until then? If companies don't want women to work after 50 years of age then make full social security benefits available to women at 50 years of age. One or the other, know what I'm saying. One or the other. Employ us or give us our social security benefits.
Completely random but...
I got all Minnesota stoic nice just now. The dude at 7-eleven short changed me $2 and I just let it go. I didn't count my change (it wasn't much) until after I left the store because it looked right when I stuffed it into my bag - but upon counting it minutes later I saw he short changed me $2 and I let it go. I had already left the store. He could argue it's "he said-she said" once I leave the store and he would be 100% right. I'm not upset about it. It's either stoicism or exhaustion. I'm tired. All the time. Tired.
I learned something recently about Mexican housekeepers. They think women who tip them are insulting them rather than showing them appreciation. Mexican women housekeepers will only accept tips from men. It's a boy-girl thing I don't understand. Every time I tip the Mexican housekeepers something bad happens to my room when I'm out. The leftover food in my fridge suddenly makes me sick, the arms and legs on my poor teddybear have been pulled on so much his limbs are barely hanging on, and there are rando brown stains on stuff like my water pitcher (ew) and cleaning products, like what is this all about? When I didn't tip them, when I didn't need housekeeping, my room was fine when I went out. But the moment I started tipping them for housekeeping every time I go out, I come back to something bad in my room. So, don't tip Mexican housekeepers I guess, eh? Again, it has to be a boy-girl thing. Mexican women do not want tips from women. I got it. Consider me educated.
Another thing I don't understand about the housekeepers is I see them go into people's rooms to clean and I hear them speaking Spanish and laughing and laughing in each room like what's the punch line? I want to laugh too. π But I've come to the conclusion that it's just their upbringing. Mexican women laugh. A LOT. American Minnesota GenX'ers like me, we don't laugh. We reason and rationalize. Our parents hated the sound of laughter especially from children. Nothing was funny EVER. "What are you laughing at!" Our parents would scold. GenX parents hated us kids. OMG they hated us so much. They wanted us to go outside and play FOREVER. When a GenX woman says her children brings her happiness like she's never known - that's why. Her childhood most likely had a whole lot of backhand in it. GenX as children were a burden on our mothers therefor it was just assumed children were burdens. We were raised that children are nothing but a misery. So of course when a GenX mom gushes over her kid she's probably overcompensating for her bad relationship with her own mother. When we were kids, if we absolutely had to go somewhere with our parents we were told to bring a book, sit there, shut up and read. If we dared to run around a store like kids do today not even God would recognize us after the beating we'd receive.
AND LOOK,
Whose to say which upbringing is better, ours or those south of the boarder. Whose to say. Women born and raised in Mexico, or anywhere else, don't know how American GenX women were raised. We are the latchkey kids. We're the "forgotten generation." Our moms told us to "Get out!" when we were five years old. We're street taught. We learned by doing.
The only person I laughed sincerely out loud with was Sheldon - God rest him. He was a silly happy Jewish man who never knew hardship, labor, chores, or stress of any kind. His mom sheltered him and took care of him. She waited on him hand and foot until the day she died. After that his housekeeper waited on him hand and foot until the day he died. The housekeeper, a Mexican woman, seemed to really enjoy taking care of Sheldon. Again, it's her Mexican upbringing to smile and laugh at everything a man says and does. Sheldon could afford to giggle and laugh without a care in the world. He was my release. We had so much fun together. I was wealthy knowing a man who did not have a care in the world and lived for fun all his life. Sheldon and I were friends for over 25 years. I would be wealthier than any billionaire if I ever met another man whose life was pure un-labored and un-bothered joy like these housekeepers who laugh at everything and everyone.
Life doesn't punish. It teaches. I've been educated. Don't tip the Mexican gals they don't like it. I'm not a man. Tip them and they mess with your stuff because they think a woman tipping them is an insult. I don't get it but whatever. It's probably why Trump thinks hospitality workers should just live on tips. He doesn't understand the concept of working for a wage plus tips, and the Mexican gals would probably continue working for him even without a wage, or tips, because Trump is a man. Not Asian women. Not black women. Not white women. Nope. We like money. Pay us for our work! MONEY! We LOVE tips! We like paying our bills because its not our American culture to live with 10 family members until the day we die. We just don't do that. I don't know a single woman who would work for a man for twelve hours and get paid for only three. Sheldon's housekeeper made $60 per visit. That's what he paid her to clean his two bedroom, two bath condo. That's approximately three hours of work but she always stayed for at least twelve hours - doing his laundry, cooking his meals, even hanging up pictures if he asked her too. Can you imagine working TWELVE hours but only getting paid $60. That's what these politicians see. Cheap (possibly illegal) labor, and they think working Americans in hospitality should make it their business model. Like WHAT?!
"If these Mexican gals will do it so should you."
And I know I'll be called racist by you Zoomers, but they probably have nine other working family members all living in a two bedroom apartment. I've had a few Mexican girl friends while living in Los Angeles and they all live at home literally until marriage and then they go live with their husband and his extended family. FYI, I happen to know that their sons DO NOT leave their mamas, ever. None of them. Not ever.
I preach charity work, but not working for free to an employer. I asked Sheldon once how he could pay his housekeeper only $60 per visit and he replied, "Because that's what my parents always paid her." That's right, she was his parents housekeeper for many years in addition to his and never once did he or his parents give her a raise. I imagine she probably never asked. Once upon a time $60 per might have been a decent three hours work shift but not anymore, honey. Not since 2000.
And because I have worked for many years in the hospitality industry, for many years as a waitress, I lived on tips, so naturally I tip. I tip well, or so I'm told. I'm very appreciative when ANYONE waits on me. I tip to-go orders. I tip everyone. It's not a tipping "culture" it's life.
Every corporate employer needs to match what the government says we must earn to make a livable wage. And if you don't want women over 50 years old working for you then give us our social security with full benefits. One or the other, people. The politician who makes that a reality gets my vote, TWICE.
CURRENT MOOD:
(Sigh)
Sometimes I really do wish I was a bee.
I did some 2cent Google sluething because I really can't let this go apparently, I asked daddy-Google what, if anything, do people tip housekeepers in Mexico and Google replied with THIS and now I'm in anger-shock. Will someone please go to Mexico and explain to hospitality workers what their real worth is because $1 to $3 tip to scrub your toilets - I'm offended for them. ONE DOLLAR?! Its not about, '"Its cheaper to live in Mexico," it's about paid labor. LABOR! And FYI ONE DOLLAR is an insult. FU and your one dollar.
And yes I am naive regarding housekeepers because FIRST OF ALL I clean my own bathrooms. I'm an adult with functioning arms and hands. I don't need or want a housekeeper. But when it's not my house I go with the flow and heck yeah I tip housekeeping. I was a long time laborer who lived on tips myself. I tip. I'm not a jerk about it. I'm super grateful and always thank my server or whoever. I genuinely appreciate them.
Then again it could be the old women hate women and so my tipping is offensive because we're all women. Whatever I surrender. Not really but if I don't for now this blog will never end. Never in all my restaurant serving days would I be offended by a woman tipping. I'm offended when they don't. BUT if Mexican women housekeepers are okay with this system π€ fine I guess. I'm a hard wired American.
See, it really does happen! Your fears are validated.
Today I have hip pain, bursitis, or something, I don't know. Old lady pain. Anyway, I have this ongoing not-argument about oat milk and why I drink it...
To all the snoots who feel the need to observe out loud, "oat milk isn't milk," look, I fully understand not everyone grew up on a farm or near a farm or have ever stepped foot onto a farm, but if you had, or if you ever had (any) exposure to Quakers, Mennonites, Amish, or Native Americans, you would know most do not drink dairy milk as adults. Why? Cow milk is for cows. As sassy as that sounds, it's not meant to be. It's just, cow milk is for baby cows. Human breast milk is for baby humans. Adults don't need to drink milk. It's purely a dietary choice for those who do. So what do most Quakers, Mennonites, Amish, and Native American drink instead as adults? Soy, oat, and wheat "milk" (and beer!) Technically soy, oat, and wheat berry water. Because that's the liquid used to beat the soy, oat, and wheat berries with, water, repeating the process with new mashed soy, oats, and wheat berries poured over with the same liquid until you get the "milk" thickness of your choice. That liquid in your oatmeal is oat milk, oats and water, oat milk, and I like it in my coffee. You might put butter in your coffee, I like oat milk. So to all the snoots who who feel the need to loudly criticize, "oat milk isn't milk," uh-huh, agreed, and your point is? Y'all named it. We just go with the flow. Just out of curiosity, what do you do with the liquid in your oatmeal, throw it on the floor and curse at it, "You're not real milk!" Unless of course you do use real milk to cook your oatmeal in and well, you're not getting the raw flavor of the oats, but whatever, you do you. There are no rules to oatmeal. But if you want the raw flavor of the oats make oatmeal with water - and that's all I'm going to say about it.
Ha. You know this is right. If you know a Midwesterner you've heard them use these measurements for distance.
Whatever you do don't name them or you'll never be able to eat another cucumber ever again.
Using social media at it's finest. If I'm recalling correctly this guy designs the clothes in his videos, and not only is he the only talent in his videos, he's also the editor of all his videos. I remember when I first saw him a year ago people were commenting how tight his dance crew was and I'm thinking how do they not know all the dancers are him in different clothing, like that other dude, the one wearing hoodies that change color while dancing to the Sea Shanty, that dude, it's all one guy.
This dude, talk about a genius way to show your clothing line & video editing skills.
This is my pal's Twitter.
Let's play a game, Zoomers. Is that a field of oats, wheat, or soybean? π
And this is why sometimes I wish I was a bee.
REMINDER: This blog gets written over the course of like days and sometimes weeks. Lots of jumping around.
Shadow, not knowing what has happened to his mate, is still on daddy-duty even though his eaglets should be on their own now. Look at the size of that fish! The eaglets swooped down on that fish before shadow could get his claws out of it. I hope Jackie comes home soon.
Papa shadow brought three fish to the nest and it's only noon. I give him slack poor bird. He doesn't know where his mate is. Eagles mate for life usually. I'm sure he's happy to see his kids. He had to fight off another young adult eagle the other day. It could have been Sunny or Gizmo for all we know. They're a year old now.
When men pose with fish I'm like "neat" ππΌ birds do that too and they are half your size, and they bare knuckle do it with their digits, some birds are even less than half your size.
Yup, as we say in the Midwest. AND the only reason I lean Democrat these days is because there is no Republican party. I voted for Trump in 2016. I did that whole "devotion to my party" thing aaaand then I saw the immediate error of it. Look, I cannot be smarter than the president of the united states, dig. That is not okay.
SASSY. ππ«ΆπΌ
Please teach these kids, Earth. Teach them the world revolves even when they're not around.
I'm going to end this blog by responding to something I heard a preacher say yesterday. He said, "God has you on his wheel. He has made you exactly as he saw you. You are perfect just as you are. When you feel down about yourself, when you make a mistake, just remember you are still on God's wheel. He is not finished with you. You are exactly where you should be." And I hand to Jesus wanted to throw my shoes at this preacher. I'm DONE with gentle parenting, DONE with gentle teaching, and I'm especially DONE with gentle Jesus preaching. Hear me. DONE. What do you mean "you're on God's wheel" ??!! WTF does that even mean??!! You're not on any wheel. You got all the limbs and digits you're going to get. You're not getting any more. The rest is on you.
God gave us everything we humans need before he even created us. He supplied it already. Genesis! He gave us water, land, air, seeds to grow fruit and vegetables, fish, cattle, everything we needed. God gave it to us already. Even companionship. Stop gentle Jesus preaching. You're not on any wheel still being made. You are done, complete, whole. WE make poor choices. I have made them. You have made them. There are consequences to our actions. We suffer our own undoing. All we can we do is go back out there, again, and again, and again until something correctly lands. It's hard. It's lonely. It's miserable. However we have no other choice. God made us resilient for these hard depressing times.
Don't forget murder hornets!
Amen. I mean. Really.
Now go clean your room, Zoomer, or you'll wake up in a sea of hellfire and brimstone melting off your flesh in agonizing pain every day for all eternity!!
Yeah. That's right. I said what I said.π€π»π€π»
In case y'all forgot the story, God marked Cain, no one is to kill Cain, for he will live and be banished and suffer as punishment for murdering his brother Able.
THOU SHALT NOT KILL
Exodus 20:13, 6th commandment (IN CASE ANYONE FORGOT)
My hellfire and brimstone preaching would be 25% Ozzy Osborne, 25% Dio, and 50% that week we went camping in St Croix, Minnesota, during the most brutal winter of our youth for fun. Every day I ask myself HOW are we still alive?
This is gentle Jesus preaching too but at least we're getting warmer. π₯
Okay bye ππΌ








































No comments:
Post a Comment